CONSULTING AND PREVENTIVE CONSERVATION
Art Collection Care assists and advises you by providing tailored tools to create optimal conditions for preserving your collection.
- Light, relative humidity (RH) and temperature are critical factors in the preservation and stabilisation of works of art. They need to be monitored and controlled at every step of their life.
- Pest control: Detection, identification and control of moulds, insects and rodent invasions, using sampling and lab analyses, as well as anoxia, freezing etc.
- Inventory/audit/database creation: data collection, inventory number, object marking, description, photography, condition assessment, location, etc.
- Consulting on cleaning spaces, objects and how to best handle objects
- Specific solutions for packing, crating and storage that respect every object’s particular needs: design and supply of storage spaces and furniture, as well as improvements to existing units and tailored supports.
- Monitoring of storage and exhibition spaces: safety of materials, mechanical stress reduction
- Installation, wall hanging and exhibition stands. Counselling on and updating of wall-hung picture frames, mirrors etc.