CONSERVATION AND RESTORATION TREATMENTS
Conservation and restoration treatments aim to stabilise objects who’s condition is degrading or to improve its aesthetics.
- Dust and dirt removal, cleaning
- Pest treatments in case of mold or insects contamination: isolated or group treatment (protocols used: oxygen deprivation or deep freezing) Pest treatments performed on collections for Musée Granet, Musée des Beaux-Arts de Menton, Musée d'Art et d'Histoire Roger Quillot, Villa Ephrussi de Rotschild.
- Structural and surface consolidation: facing, flaking and consolidation of cracks and damaged woods
- Over-paints and brass-paint removal
- Loss reinstatement: filling, moulding, carving
- Partial or full regilding, fillers and losses touch-ups
- Surface protection, wax and varnishes
- Preservation and protection of ancient marks (labels, inscriptions, stamps…)
- Treatment reports and photographic documentation
- Wooden objects: painted and gilded wood, marquetry, cabinet-making, wooden structures
- Organic materials: textile, leather and parchment, wax, mother of pearl, turtle shell, paper, photography, ivory, antler…
- Inorganic materials: plaster, glass, ceramic, stone, metal, marble…
- Modern materials: synthetic resins, glass fiber, rubber, silicon, plastics…
BACK TO SERVICES